Since we first began providing heating and cooling services, our HVAC repair company has developed a focus on residential and light commercial HVAC system replacements in the greater Wichita, KS, region. At Bryan's Heating and Air Conditioning we understand when systems need to be replaced and can help you choose the best system for your home or business’ unique heating and cooling needs. We have provided heating and cooling services in Kansas for over 30 years, and still today, our customers remain our No. 1 priority. That is why we strive to provide quality and reliable services for both commercial and residential systems. Our technicians receive continual training for the most up-to-date heating system techniques and can handle any HVAC system need, day or night.
Heating and AC units are sturdy appliances that are built to last. However, due to a lack of professional maintenance or timely repairs, an HVAC system can fail to function effectively — or even fail completely — sooner than expected. While HVAC repair services can often restore function to a unit, some issues are best solved with a system replacement. Here are a few signs that your HVAC system may require replacement.
Today’s systems are more efficient than older heating and AC units — saving on energy and operating costs. With current tax incentives for purchasing new systems, system replacement is a smart choice in more ways than one. Our skilled technicians will proudly replace any type of HVAC system and will work with you to find the right system for your needs. We offer an amazing HVAC product line line, including Rheem, White-Rodgers, Trion, UV Aire and much more. Contact us today to find out more information about the HVAC systems we offer or to schedule system replacement services! The following tips include what to look for when choosing a new heating and cooling system for your home or business.
When it comes to HVAC system ratings, the higher the rating, the more efficient the system will be — similar to miles per gallon in cars. There are three efficiency ratings to note when searching for a new heating and cooling unit: Average Fuel Utilization Efficiency, Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, and Heating Seasonal Performance Factor.
HSPF is the rating used to assess the heating efficiency of heat pumps. Heat pumps work by converting the difference between the outdoor air and indoor air to cool or heat an indoor space. While heat pumps are similar to ACs, heat pumps can both heat in the winter and cool in the summer. The higher the HSPF rating, the cheaper monthly utility bills will be. The lowest rating for a new heat pump is about 8, while the most efficient systems have an HSPF rating of 13.
AFUE is the standard measure of efficiency in gas furnaces and oil furnaces. For example, if a furnace has an 80 percent AFUE rating, 80 percent of fuel or oil is used to heat the home or business, while the remaining 20 percent is removed through the flue. Most modern gas and oil furnaces have a minimum AFUE rating of about 78 percent, while the most efficient heating systems rate up to nearly 99 percent.
SEER is the common measure of efficiency in air conditioners and heat pumps. This rating provides information about the amount of energy the system uses. The higher the SEER rating, the less energy the system will use, leading to higher efficiency, less impact on the earth, and lower utility bills. The highest SEER rating available is SEER 30, while the lowest is SEER 13.
The load calculation is what HVAC technicians use to determine the perfect size of your home or business’ HVAC system. Load calculation takes into account a number of different factors to finalize the correct size heating and cooling system, including: the square footage of the indoor space; appliances in the space that generate heat; the structure’s foundation; the type of roof atop the home or business; the sizes and locations of doors and windows; and the overall air loss the indoor space experiences.
Proper load calculation is important because any indoor space requires the right size system for effective heating and cooling. An AC unit that is too small for a home or business won’t be able to adequately cool the indoor space. Similarly, a too-small furnace can’t produce enough heat to warm the indoors. HVAC units that are too large for an indoor space fail to provide even heating to different rooms and regulate moisture levels while cooling. For more information on load circulation or to speak with an expert technician about our custom duct fabrication, contact us today!