HOW TO AVOID A/C REPAIR SCAMS
With so many HVAC companies available to choose from, sometimes it can be difficult to determine which one is the most reliable. As summer approaches and the heat begins to rise, homeowners are using their AC units more often. If an AC unit is experiencing an issue, even a small one, it can cause your unit to breakdown and need repairs. Many less-reputable HVAC companies take advantage of this to charge their customers more than needed or convince them to pay for unnecessary services. At Bryan’s Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., we provide air conditioning repair Wichita, KS, residents can trust and share how to identify and protect yourself from AC repair scams.
TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE RIGHT HVAC COMPANY
- Beware of Payment Up Front: Most heating and air conditioning companies ask for a deposit before beginning a job and then a final payment once the job is complete; some companies will even divide it into three payments. This is common practice to ensure that both parties complete their part of the agreement. However, some less reputable companies may try to ask for the entire payment up front. You should be wary of such companies and avoid paying in full before the job even begins.
- Check Your Warranty Coverage: If your air conditioner experiences an issue that needs repairing, check its warranty before paying for a repair. If the unit is still under the manufacturer’s warranty, some repairs may be covered.
- Research the A/C Repair Company: Before hiring an HVAC repair company, always do some research online to ensure that they are a reputable company. Don’t wait until your A/C breaks down to look for HVAC companies, as this could pressure you into hiring a company without enough research.
- Make Sure They’re Licensed: When looking for companies to hire, always make sure that they are properly licensed. Also check the status of their license to ensure that they are still allowed to conduct business in the region.
- Check Reviews & References: After making sure that the company you are choosing is licensed and legitimate, check customer reviews and ask for references. Reviews can give you an idea of how the company treats its customers and whether it is dependable and trustworthy.
- Obtain a Written Estimate: Before having any job performed, ask for a written estimate from the company. A written estimate will serve as proof of the agreement between you and the company and what you paid the company to work on. If the technicians don’t complete the job you hired them to do, you can present the written estimate that was given to you.
A/C REPAIR WICHITA, KS, RESIDENTS CAN TRUST
At Bryan’s Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., we are determined to provide the highest quality services for our customers to ensure their satisfaction. We have the necessary skills and knowledge to determine the issue your unit is experiencing, advise you as to your options, and perform any repairs if needed. Contact us today for repairs and services for heating and air Wichita, KS, residents can rely on.